The eyes are perhaps the most complex organ in the human body, much like a high-tech digital camera. Therefore, they require proper care and attention. Sometimes you might not notice any sign of infection/ailment which could even lead to vision loss. Many vision problems come naturally along with age and are not evident. Hence, the best way to prevent any eye condition is to schedule an appointment with a good eye doctor at the eye care treatment hospitals .
Simple eye care tips
Eye experts at the eye care treatment hospitals recommend these simple and easy steps for maintaining healthy eyes and vision:
- Eat right for good eyesight – Try to include fresh fruits and leafy veggies – kale, collard or spinach in your diet. Eating fish like salmon, tuna, halibut that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids is also beneficial.
- Stay active and maintain a healthy weight to avoid the risk of developing diabetes which may cause visual impairment.
- Some eye conditions are hereditary. Know your family’s medical history to check if you are at risk of getting an eye disease. Keep a watch on health conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Clean and dry your hands thoroughly before wearing or removing contact lenses. Also, follow the instructions to clean them properly and discard them when needed.
- Extreme sun exposure can damage your eyes. Wear sunglasses that block sun’s UV rays.
- Staring at a computer screen for long can cause eye strain, dry eyes, blurred vision. Look away from your computer screen and try the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes, look about 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
Visit your eye specialist regularly
Early and timely detection of any eye disorder can prevent vision loss and can be treated properly. Viaan Eye Centre is one of the best eye care treatment hospitals in delhi ncr for comprehensive eye check-up and treatment.