Viaan Charitable Eye Foundation
Viaan Charitable Eye Foundation is a charitable trust, established in Gurgaon since April 2015. The Trust is committed to integrated eye care for the rural and urban poor , and focusing on eradication of Diabetic Eye blindness and Retinopathy of Prematurity(ROP) related childhood blindness. Charitable services of the trust are based on quality, ethics and empathy.
Vision & Mission
- Vision : Quality Eye Care for the underprivileged people
- Mission : Eradication of diabetic blindness and ROP blindness.
Objective Of The Trust
- To carry out preventive eye care awareness campaign, eye check up and eye treatment by holding Camps, workshops, seminars etc , at the community level and for the school children from time to time.
- To seek collaboration, recognition, accreditation by the National, regional and International bodies for its teaching, training and awareness courses, programs and events particularly in Sight First Programme.
- To produce/ translate and publish literature, with the help of scholars in the relevant fields for the education of general masses to increase health awareness generally and eye care and protection specially.
- To disseminate general health awareness through all means of mass communication i.e. Internet, TV, Radio, Newspaper, Magazines, Journal handbills etc.
- To hold seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings for imparting up-to-date knowledge in the said field.
- To set up, maintain and manage Eye Vision Centres and Eye hospitals etc.
- To provide for education, training and rehabilitation for the disabled at no cost.
- To promote education and educational institution as may be deemed fit by Trustees
- To collaborate with such national, regional, International organizations, institutions, universities or bodies which, are pursuing similar objectives, or which may desire collaboration with Trust or institutions or bodies formed by the Trust.
- Research & Development.
- To maintain data base and review all available data of research on the prevalence of eye diseases and or disorder in the region and make estimates about the prevalence and pattern of eye diseases in Gurgaon and its suburbs, in places as may be necessitated and deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees.
- To assess available eye cure and care facilities in public, private and welfare sectors in Gurgaon, against the backdrop of prevalence of diseases, and deduce discrepancies if any.
- To carry out/ commission research projects, if needed in terms of prevailing eye diseases, available eye care facilities, socio-economic conditions of the society, in the Metropolis and such other part as may be conducive.
Operating Principles & Guidelines:
- To maintain highest level of professional excellence in terms of expertise and equipment at all levels of eye care levels.
- To engage, hire, employ professionals, surgeons, doctors, and other support staff in the field as faculty to guarantee quality to service.
Viaan Charitable Eye Foundation is working on these issues
- Diabetes eye screening and laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy
- Glaucoma screening
- Cataract screening
- School screening to pick up early refractive errors in children
- Retinopathy of Prematurity screening in nurseries for timely laser in threshold ROP kids to save vision
- Mr Ved Rattan Sanduja
- Mr Sandeep Kumar