The eye is one of the most delicate organs of the human body, and the way we live keeps us almost always on the edge of some risk or the biggest eye emergencies, which can take you to the best eye hospital near me. But, what if you know what may happen and you take corrective measures to not get yourself into such big risks.
In this blog, Dr. Neeraj Sanduja – the best eye specialist in Gurgaon, will take you through-
- What is an eye emergency?
- What kind of eye emergencies are there?
- What to not do?
- What can you do to prevent it?
So, let’s begin without any further ado:
What is an eye emergency?
If you feel any foreign object/chemical in your eye, or get an injury due to an accident or burn that affects your eye area, it is time that you visit your doctor immediately as it may be a severe case of eye emergency that requires instant attention.
Apart from such severe conditions, you must visit your doctor if you experience swelling, redness, burning sensation, or even pain in your eyes. If not treated on time by an ophthalmologist in Gurgaon, it may lead to a partial loss of vision or even permanent blindness.
What kind of eye emergencies are there? or What are the symptoms?
There are a range of symptoms, reasons, incidents, or conditions that may lead to an eye emergency. You should contact your retina eye specialist in Gurgaon immediately. Let’s see what the symptoms are:
- Loss of vision,
- Pupils not of the same size,
- Discomfort in moving the eye,
- Eyeball bulging out,
- Eye pain,
- Decreased vision,
- Double vision,
- Redness and Irritation,
- Sensitivity to Light,
- Bruising around the eye,
- Bleeding from the eye,
- Blood in the white part of the eye,
- Eye Discharge,
- Severe Itching,
- New/Recurring or Severe headaches,
- and more.
Be it anything that you’re suffering from the above list or anything else, just reach out to Viaan Eye & Retina Centre for a quick check-up and be worry less, cause India’s leading eye specialist will give your eye the attention it needs.
What to not do?
Since the eye is very delicate, it is best that you do not take further the eye emergency if it has already occurred. Don’t try to attempt to treat yourself, however much pain you are in. So:
- Do not rub your eye
- Do not put pressure on it of any kind
- Do not pick or remove anything from your eye yourself, let the expert do his job
- Do not use any kind of tool or tweezers in your eye
- Do not put medications or ointments in your eye
- The best thing you can do in an eye emergency is to get to your doctor as soon as possible.
What can you do to prevent it?
Eye injuries can happen anywhere whether you are at home, work, club, or when you are just out on a walk. And, so any kind of eye emergencies can be quite critical and so we must take preventive measures to not get caught up in high-risk activities. So, here are a few things you can do to prevent eye injuries:
- If you work with or around high power tools, or high-risk involving sporting events, wear protective gears to protect your eyes.
- If you are using chemicals or cleaning supplies that may include chemicals, follow the instructions carefully, and wear eye gears if need be. Also, try to not spill anything.
- Scissors, knives, or other sharp instruments must always be out of reach of anyone.
- Try to use frying oil, grease, or anything that is hot/warm in a contained environment. Do not go risky around such materials.
- Be present at the moment. Don’t be loose when in open areas or even at home. Cause accidents can occur anywhere.
Dr. Neeraj Sanduja is the best eye doctor in Gurgaon to cater to the needs of its patients in an emergency or not. It is best to be safe, but it is also important to understand and realize when to visit the doctor when in need.
So, if you are in any kind of eye emergency, reach out! We, at Viaan, will be happy to help!